Pages

Thursday 3 January 2013

Patterns in the Snow

(( Apologies, to anyone who was inundated with test Blogs from me today. I did several today and think I have finally mastered my new little machine as a result. Although, that said, I am back on the big computer again tonight as the photo I needed was on here!)).

Thanks everyone for your kind comments about my Table Runner. I have decided to follow your advice and block it but think this will need to wait until the Boys go back to school next week so I have the time and space.

Here by popular request is the pattern.It is written in British English not American.

Foundation Ring: ch 6; join with sl st in first ch.

Rnd 1: ch (counts as first dc), 11 dc in ring; join with sl st in initial ch1.

Rnd 2: ch 3 (counts as tr), *ch2, dtr in 1 dc, ch 2 ** tr in 1 dc. Repeat from * 4 times, and from * to ** once more. Join with sl st in 3rd ch of initial ch 3.

Rnd 3: sl st in next ch 2 space, ch 1 (counts as dc), htr and tr in same ch 2 space. *[tr, ch2, tr] in dtr, [tr,htr,dc] in ch 2 space ** [dc,htr,tr in next ch 2 space. Repeat from * 4 times, and from * to ** once more. Join with sl st in initial ch1.

Rnd 4:  *ch3, Skip htr, htr in 2 tr, [htr, ch3, htr] in ch2 point. htr in 2 tr, ch3 Skip htr, sl st in 2dc. Repeat from * 4 times, and from * to ** once more. Skip htr and join with sl st in dc. 

Finish off: weave in ends.


On the second snowflake, I joined as I went by replacing the middle one of the ch3s in the point with a slip stitch to the ch3 space of the first snowflake. So the second one was joined at two points, 1 & 2 in red in the picture, then the 3rd was joined at points 3 & 4 in red, and so on for the middle row of 12.

For the 13th snowflake, I joined it with a sl st into the ch 3 space at 1,2, & 3 in blue above.

The 14th snowflake is then joined at 4 points, 1, 2, 3, & 4 in green.

There are 11 snowflakes in each of the two outer rows.

I haven't really ever written instructions in a Blog post before, so if that isn't clear enough, please let me know and I will try again.

Off to try a different snowflake yet, before starting a different project for 2013.

Lots of Love Arwedd xx

4 comments:

  1. OOh you are SO clever putting little numbers on your picture - I need a how-to for that please!! x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you - I shall try this over the weekend if I have a moment. I can at least understand the instructions [and I am still a newbie hooker]

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks, Arwedd, you are a star!
    Love from Mum
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you! I shall be trying this one out!

    ReplyDelete