Here are the rules, as passed on to me by Frugal Mummy:
- every tagged person has to tell 11 things about themselves
- answer the 11 questions from the person who tagged you
- list 11 questions for the folk you are going to tag, and they should have fewer than 200 followers if possible
- don't back-tag
It's getting harder to find random things to tell you, that I haven't already mentioned from previous awards, such as the Leibster and One Lovely Blog, but eventually here are 11 things about me:
1. I am the tallest of all the women in my family. I'm not that tall at 5' 6 1/2", but most of the women are in my family are around 5'. My cousin is the tallest at 5' 2". My maternal grandmother was 4' 9". Her husband was 6' 4", I take after him rather than her.
2. I also have big feet for a "lady" at Size 8. Not attractive.
3. When I go out anywhere for a Christmas meal, (we used to have a team and whole organisation one, where I used to work), I always have Turkey. It's just not a Christmas meal for me otherwise.
4. I really, really want to dip die my hair in shades of purple. I've never been able to while working, as it would not have been acceptable for my job, but now I'm not working, I'm still not sure I'm brave enough.
5. I'm not a morning person. It takes me until my first coffee at 11:00 to really switch on, despite the fact I've been up since 7:00am.
6. I'm not very good with heights. I once had a very bad panic attack on a chair lift during a school trip in Germany and scared my teachers. One of the teaching staff took me back down the mountain on the train rather than put me back on the lift, very wise!!
7. I love Marmite! I also like Twiglets, which taste the same to me and I like Worcester sauce.
8. I hate wearing tights and very rarely do. They are a nightmare to put on, both legs never face the same way so they end up twisted and after the most wierd jig you have to do to put them on, they spend the rest of the night tugging at your skin as they insist on falling down.
9. I've been to Walt Disney World, Orlando, Florida twice with DH and family and hope to go again, as M is the only one who hasn't been yet. However, this is very money dependant so I'm not even mentioning it to the boys in case it never happens.
10. Although I love Christmas, I'd rather have it hot and sunny than cold.
11. I have no memory, that's why I love photos.
Now for FM's questions:
1. In which month is your birthday?
2. What is your favourite colour?
Lilac, but pastels in general are good for me.
3. What one thing do you wish you could change in your life?
Not to have depression.
4. What is your biggest regret?
I had to look up the definition of regret, just to check this one and it says 1. To feel sorry, disappointed, or distressed about. 2. To remember with a feeling of loss or sorrow; mourn
In which case I mourn the loss of my job/career because of someone else's nastiness.
5. What do you feel is your Christmas tradition?
a) Spending Christmas morning in our own house so the kids can open presents from under their own tree b) they have to have a Satsuma in the toe of their stocking, it's the only fruit they eat all year !!
6. Which part of your body do you dislike the most?
The bit from my hairline down to my toes.
7. Which celebrity would you take out for dinner, and why?
I can't afford to take one out to dinner, so I'd have to entertain at home and it would probably have to be Stephen Fry, because there's so much he could teach me and talk about.
8. Who was your favourite teacher at school, and why?
A European History teacher, I can't remember her name, but I can picture her and she was just so enthusiastic about her subject, you couldn't help but share her passion and learn something.
9. What do you like to do in your spare time?
Craft, whether it's my new-found crocheting, or cross-stitiching, card-making, pottery.
10. I'm coming for dinner: What will you cook for us to eat?
I'd be too scared to cook FM anything to eat, as she is a much better cook than me, besides, if it needs to be Vegan, I'd have to learn to cook something new.
11. What are you planning for your garden next year?
Less garden and a small patio area.
Here are the questions I'd like to ask:
1. What Quite Interesting fact do you know?
2. Do you bother with crackers at Christmas?
3. If you could only have 3 electrical appliances in your house, which would they be and why?
4. What's the #1 most played song on your iPod, CD, record player?
5. What's your favourite day of the week and why?
6. What's your favourite body part and why?
7. If you could know the answer to any question, besides “What is the meaning of life?”, what would it be?
8. What would you name the autobiography of your life?
9. What was the first thing you bought with your own money?
10. What story does your family always tell about you?
11. Do you have any phobias?
The lovely folks I've tagged to answer these questions, (if they feel so inclined, but I understand if this is too much like a chain letter and you don't want to) are:
1. Amanda at Eight by Six
2. Jan at Jan's Journey
3. Justine at Jazzy's Place
4. Rachel at MaidofDevon
5. Tara at Little Things
6. Sarah at The Little Family of 3
7. Alison at Ali Bee Creations
8. Becky Bee at Bumblebees and Apple Trees
9. Mrs Thifty at New Beginnings
10. Morgan at Growing in the Fens
11. Rachelradiostar at Eternally 28