Pages

Thursday 7 June 2012

The Boys are Back in Town

What a dreadful day for motorway driving.

The rain was pouring down when we left the house.


So consequently we were both soaking wet just getting into the car from the front door.


This was my view for the whole three hour journey there and most of the three hours home again.


We could at least see the bridge, but the view to either side was gone.


And as for having to pay £6.00 to get into Wales, yes £6.00, it's disgraceful. I think people who were born in the country should be exempt myself.





There were really helpful motorway messages, such as, 


The next one said "Poor Driving Conditions". No kidding, genius, I think I could tell that!!

Still the main thing is I have my boys back!!

No. 2 Son was so wound up it took my entire repetoire of nursery rhymes, plus "Miss Polly had a Dolly", "There were Ten in a Bed", "Hush Little Baby", "Kumbayah" and assorted others to get him off to sleep. Which bedtime songs do the trick for your little ones?

Lots of Love Arwedd xx

5 comments:

  1. I don't have children but one of my cats (old girl in heaven now)would fall asleep every time I sang Ella Fitzgerald's "Every Time I Say Goodbye"!! Not sure if she liked the singing or she fell asleep to make it stop!
    Jane x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jane...how bizarre...my old cat would come running if I whistled or sang "Summertime" or "stormy Weather"...cats clearly have good musical taste. Arwedd...my boys are grown now...but I used to sing Nirvana and Pearl Jam songs to them...they turned out great tho' LOL.

    ReplyDelete
  3. LOL I don't sing - my boys would go to sleep just to stop me from singing I reckon!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What an awful journey, so tiring to have to drive in that, all the concentration just makes me want to sleep or I get a headache!! I used to sing "Hush Little Baby" to my children [I'm told to be quiet now lol]

    Glad you have the boys back
    Helen x

    ReplyDelete
  5. i know exactly what you mean about the weather and driving conditions. I had to drive to Chatham yesterday, a three hour journey which took me 4 and a half! To make matters worse it then took the same to get home! Bad day. 9 hours extra on your working day is not good at all.

    At least you now have your young men home safe and sound. As for singing mine to sleep? Well now days they would pass out from my awful singing bur when they were little it was Kylie songs for the eldest and barney songs for the youngest. My how times have changed!

    X x

    ReplyDelete