Pages

Wednesday 23 May 2012

Flat is the new tasty.

Many Thanks to everyone for their words of Condolences. It is much appreciated.

Recent circumstances have led to the need for communications with those who generally leave me feeling inadequate and generally flat, so our meals today have reflected this.

However, even flat food can be very tasty. Instead of ham sandwiches today for school lunch, both boys took a Ham Wrap. We then carried on the Tortilla fest for tea.

I fried off four large chicken breasts.


Also made some Gucamole with avacados, and cut up some cucumber. Already had store bought Salsa and so we all had one of the boys favourites, Chicken Fajitas for tea.


As I seem to have an absolute glut of eggs this week, so these were followed by more flat food, Pancakes!

I made the batter doubling Delia's recipe so,

8oz (220g) plain flour
2 pinches of salt
4 large eggs
14 fluid oz (400mls) milk mixed with 6 fl. oz (150mls) of water
 4oz. (100g) butter to oil the pan.

Thankfully my DH is great at cooking anything to do with eggs, Omelettes, poached, scrambled etc, so while we sat, he made the pancakes and out of my 8 1/2 " pan we got three each, plus an extra two, one each for the Sons and a tinsy one for DH as he had stood at the stove for an hour making them. 


They were delicious with lashings of sugar



and a good sprinkling of lemon.


Apologies to all those horrified by our use of a plastic lemon. I did have real lemons but couldn't be bothered to mess up another implement for the washing up to squeeze them. Someone also put Golden Syrup on theirs, NOT me!!

Lots of Love Arwedd xx


P.S. I love that I just shared a recipe, even though it isn't mine and I didn't put the method, 'coz you all know it.

6 comments:

  1. Hi Arwedd, everything looks yummy. I use a plastic lemon too, my granddaughters love it! xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Phew, I feel better, thanks. They did indeed taste yummy.

      Arwedd xx

      Delete
  2. Love the way you are getting into the food thing - even posting recipes now! Go You :)
    I have people in my life too that leave me feeling inadequate & flat & I am constantly amazed at how they don't seem to think about what they do & say, especially as they supposedly love me!?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's very hard sometimes isn't it. I only have so many cheeks I can turn ;-)

      Arwedd xx

      Delete
  3. When life gives you lemons - squeeze one in the eye of the person making you feel poopey. x x x hugs and kisses x x x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha, not sure I'd hit their eye from here!!

      Arwedd xx

      Delete