When is being Frugal not cost effective?
Oh My Lord, I just have to share with you the absolute disaster that was our tea tonight. This week, I thought I would be a good frugal girl and order the Value Sausages from Mr Tesco. What a mistake.
Almost as soon as they went in the pan they grew a life of their own spilling their guts all over the place. They were definitely well pricked before hand but that did not seem to stop them exploding out of what was clearly an extremely thin skin.
They were sticking to the pan and falling apart and yet still not cooking through so by the time they made it to the plate what was left of them looked like... well I just have to say it..... something a dog might leave on the pavement!!
They actually tasted worse than they looked. I know, how can that be possible?!? The worst part of it is that we still have another pack of 8 in the fridge!!
Tell me, what have you bought in an attempt to be frugal, that just wasn't worth it?
I'm not really sure if I deserve the following award as I'm not feeling or sounding particularly "Sunny" tonight, after my sauage disaster, but I want to say a BIG Thank You to Emma at The Log Cabin for passing me the Sunshine Award.
My answers to the 10 questions:-
1. Favourite Colour - Lilac. It was the colour of my bridesmaid dresses and I still love it, in all it's various shades.
2. Favourite Number - I don't really have a favourite number, but if I was pushed I'd have to say 42. It is after all the answer to Life, the Universe and Everything.
3. Favourite Animal - Probably a Penguin, read into that what you will.
4. Favourite Non-Alcoholic Drink - This one's a struggle as my favourite drinks are alcoholic!! I'd love to be really healthy and say Water, but it's probably a cup of good coffee.
5. Do I prefer Facebook or Twitter - Facebook, it's the only way I can communicate with the younger members of my family and I like to look on there to see what they are up to, although I don't post much myself. I do have a Twitter account and I follow a few celebrities, but I haven't been on it for months.
6. What is my passion? - I have a few but the latest is definitely learning to crochet and I am building up muscles in my hands and arms I never knew I had.
7. Do I prefer giving or receiving? - I much prefer giving, although don't get me wrong I like to receive aswell. I like the person I am giving a gift to, to open it straight away so I can see if they like it or not, as I'm always hoping I have given something they will really love.
9.Favourite Day of the Week - This has to be a Sunday, as I get to spend dedicated time out in the presence of God. I do get to do this on other days but not so consistently.
10. Favourite Flower - Daffodil, that must be my 'Taffy' side.
I really struggled with passing it on to 5 more Blogs, so I can be a real coward and sit that part out?
Thanks Emma you really made my Day, it's nice to know at least one person (other than me) is enjoying my Blog.
Lots of Love Arwedd xx